Those Victorians and their symbolic jewellery. When it's a bold as this, I can't get enough. This bracelet is absoloutely perfect, the proportions are spot on and in the era of the dog clip, the hidden clasp has been purposefully included to take nothing away from the chunky pearl horseshoe.
For someone who doesn't like pearls, I am annoyingly obsessed. I usually associate pearls with dainty but this bracelet is the opposite of dainty. With hollow but chunky links, it's a total showstopper.
The third pearl on the left side of the horseshoe has been resecured/replaced with jewellers glue as is common with these fiddly little split pearls. They can sometimes become loose or fall out over time and can be easily and inexpensively replaced by a jeweller.
This bracelet cannot be resized (if it could it would not be for sale) and is looking for her cinderella wrist.
Stunning antique horseshoe curb bracelet
- Material - 9ct rose gold and split pearls
- Hallmarks - 9C to underside of clasp
- Country of origin - England
- Total length - 7.25"
- Width of links - 9mm
- Width of horseshoe - 1.5cm
- Weight - 13.5g
- Condition - excellent antique condition with fully working hidden clasp and safety chain. The hollow links are well made with minimal wear, a handful of them have some minor dings near the clasp as to be expected with a piece of this age. Solder joins are visibe on the links.
All of my pieces are at the very least pre-loved and most of them are vintage or antique. This item is not brand new and as such, will not look brand new. Please expect signs of wear to include kinks in links, surface wear to gold, scuffs to stones and accept this as part and parcel of buying second hand jewellery. I will be as clear as I can with item descriptions and condition statement and aim to make sure you are aware of any potential defects before you buy.