Beautiful intricately carved Victorian bloodstone set into rich 15 carat gold. The contrast of the hard bloodstone and those delicately engraved letters, is heavenly.
To me, the letters read JGR but other suggestions are J&R, JGB, and although these letters don’t have to mean anything to you to wear this ring!
This is a small size so would be perfect as a pinky ring, sizing is not an option with this one.
- Materials - 15ct gold and bloodstone
- Hallmarks - 15ct | Birmingham | makers mark C.G (possibly Charles Green)
- Country of origin - England
- Size - UK H.5 / US 4
- Length of bloodstone - 9mm
- Width of bloodstone - 7mm
- Weight - 3g
- Condition - beautiful antique condition. The stone has a smidge on movement which can't be felt, but can be heard with a light shake to the ear. The stone has been checked and is secure in its setting.
Antique bloodstone intaglio signet ring
All of my pieces are at the very least pre-loved and most of them are vintage or antique. This item is not brand new and as such, will not look brand new. Please expect signs of wear to include kinks in links, surface wear to gold, scuffs to stones and accept this as part and parcel of buying sustainable jewellery. I will be as clear as I can with item descriptions and aim to make sure you are aware of any potential defects before you buy.