How often do I find antique albert chains that are longer than 16"? Hardly ever! 90% of the ones I come across are around 14/15" and while a chain of that length works for me, it doesn't work for everyone.
There are enough short Alberts on the market so I tend not to buy them anymore but when a 21 incher presents itself to me, there's no question about whether or not it's coming home with me.
The tbar on this chain isn't fixed. It can be worn on the bolt clasp, the dog clip, or it can be reomved completely depending on the look you're going for.
This is a 9ct yellow gold chain with a light rosy hue. It isn't bright yellow gold, so if that's what you're looking for, this one is not for you. Please examine the photos carefully, they are a true representation of the tone of the gold in different lights and have not been altered.
- Material - 9ct gold
- Hallmarks - Stamped 9 375 on every link, dog clip marked for 9C, tbar marked for 9 375, bolt clasp unmarked. Tbar is not original to the chain and is a later addition.
- Country of origin - England
- Length - 21"
- Width - 5mm
- Length of dog clip - 2.3cm
- Length of tbar - 3.5cm
- Width of bolt clasp - 2cm
- Weight - 29.7g
- Condition - excellent antique condition. Some of the stamps on the links have worn as you would expect with a well loved piece of this age. The dog clip and bolt clasp are both in full working order and open/close securely.
Antique Albert chain with bolt clasp and dog clip
All of my pieces are at the very least pre-loved and most of them are vintage or antique. This item is not brand new and as such, will not look brand new. Please expect signs of wear to include kinks in links, surface wear to gold, scuffs to stones and accept this as part and parcel of buying sustainable jewellery. I will be as clear as I can with item descriptions and aim to make sure you are aware of any potential defects before you buy.